The Gathering in Plymouth 2017. Be There to Share in the Vision!
The SfS Gathering~A Community of Storytellers and Stories
Full of stories, exciting and vibrant, The SfS Gathering is being welcomed to Plymouth University to celebrate storytelling.
Under the theme of Change and Exploration, we are Gathering at a time of growth and positive change for the SfS .
Come and share a vibrant, interactive weekend amongst some very inspiring storytellers, workshop leaders and other creatives who are working with and expanding the uses of the oral tradition
We have some wonderful performances on offer~
from Tamar Eluned Williams, to Mike O’Connor, Katy Cawkwell
Lisa Schneidau, Alan Woollard, Eden Students & The Klezbians with their Gypsy music from Cornwall
There will be a sparkly exciting first evening of the blending of Story, music and dance~Enjoy!
Story Clubs of Cornwall, Devon and Somerset
Come and get involved in The Story Clubs discussions from the leading Voices from the West Coutry, including Sharon Jacksties, Lisa Schneidau and Katy Cawkwell who will be both performing and opening conversations on their Vision for Storytelling in areas such as education, Health and the environment.
- Polly Tisdall~ Co~tellings and Collaborations
- David Heathfield~Celebrate cultural diversity in storytelling & Storytelling for a better World
- Denzil Monk~Navigating the digital quagmire~storytelling for Multichannel, transmedia, digital Audiences.
- Terrie Howey~Storytelling workshop for beginners~followed by open mic
- Devon and Cornwall Junior Storytelling Competition
- Eden Storytelling Students~A performance
- Music in the Words~ Mike O'Connor and Barbara Griggs.
- Lois Taylor~ Moving Bodies~ Explore your own physicality when telling a story.. How we use space, gesture.
- Diana Mullis~ Textiles as a Narrative in Story.
- Sharon Jacksties~Story Workshop. Sharon is a very experianced storyteller from Somerset who will share insights through her workshop
- Steph Bradley~A Story through the City~Who Plymouth really is
- Sue Fields~ Mazed Tales
Of Course there will be other Story rounds and break out groups and coffee, teas and food~
There will be a discussion about the Vision for Storytelling as we head into the year ahead and
how this Community of Storytellers is working together to bring our oral tradition into the awareness of those
people of influence. We know it's transformative and we need others to know.
If you need more info on how to get tickets, how to get there, where to stay,
You can either contact me~ Paul Jackson on; firstname.lastname@example.org
Or The Gathering Organiser ~Liz Berg on: email@example.com
Come to Plymouth, be involved with the Community~ Be there to tell and to share in the Vision